- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors
- Policies & Reports
- Affiliates and Joint Ventures
- Awards & Recognition
Founded in 1974, ABC Technologies is one of the world’s leading automotive systems and components manufacturers.
We cover every facet of the plastics processing technologies, systems and components for the global automotive industry, Fluid Management, HVAC Distribution Systems, Flexible Products, Interior and Exterior Systems and Air Induction Systems. Ranked as one of the top industrial automotive blow-molders in North America, our manufacturing processes include Blow and Injection Molding, Thermoforming, Sheet Extrusion, Interior and Exterior Painting and Material Compounding. We provide comprehensive support and services, from advanced research and development to overall project management.
Our distinction is our vertical integration. We produce products from concept to production for a constantly growing number of unique automotive components and systems. The research and development, materials, design, testing, tooling, machines, processing technologies and secondary assembly systems are all supplied and controlled within our own company. To our customers this means faster development, increased design flexibility, improved efficiencies in manufacturing and assembly, significant cost savings, and enhanced quality and performance.
Our mission is to be the world-leading automotive components and system solutions provider for our global customers by delivering best-in-class products and services that are rooted in cutting-edge innovation.
To achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction we focus on excellence in design, quality, advanced engineering, supply chain management, lean manufacturing and precise launch activity.
To support our initiatives, we adhere to a corporate philosophy of always conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards and values in all of our business dealings, treatment of our employees and social environmental policies.
We maintain a corporate culture where workplace diversity and inclusion is a critical component of our success. We develop, retain and attract exceptional people, all within a collaborative environment where workplace safety is always a priority.
With continuous operational improvements, innovation and a strong competitive position for serving our global automotive customers, we are positioned for long-term growth that will benefit our customers, employees, and communities, and provide superior returns to our investors.
ABC Technologies is led by an experienced management team with 150 years of combined public and private company auto industry experience at both OEM and auto parts manufacturing peers across North America, China, and Europe.
Terry Campbell is the President and Chief Executive Officer of ABC Technologies Inc. and serves on the Board of Directors.
Terry has over 25 years of global automotive experience, much of that served in progressively senior leadership roles. He is a champion of operational excellence, innovation, and customer focus and is leading ABC Technologies’ mission to become the molding technology partner of choice for leading global automotive manufacturers.
Terry assumed the CEO role in 2022 following a period as ABC Technologies’ Chief Operations Officer. Prior to joining ABC, Terry served as Chief Operating Officer of The Woodbridge Group, a leading global foam supplier to the automotive industry. Before that, Terry served as Vice President and General Manager for the Johnson Controls Automotive Experience Group, overseeing their Americas & Asia Pacific Interiors Business Unit. Previous to Johnson Controls, Terry held various senior leadership positions within Magna International, including Director and General Manager responsibilities within the Closures Group and as Vice President of Die Casting Operations for the Powertrain Group.
Terry has previously held several international board appointments and is currently a Director with the Canadian Automotive Parts Manufacturing Association.
Philip Grella is the Executive Vice President, Product and Process Engineering of ABC Technologies. In his role, Philip manages all aspects of the company’s innovation, product strategy, and process engineering.
Philip is an accomplished senior executive with extensive knowledge in manufacturing and international experience leading multi-disciplinary technical teams delivering innovative products while transforming process efficiencies.
Philip brings over 30 years of industry experience, having held various senior leadership roles in operations, engineering, and R&D at leading Tier 1 automotive suppliers. In these roles, he’s led innovations shaping the cars of the future while balancing operational performance in modern and digital factories.
His global experience includes building and managing teams and overseeing large capital projects in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Philip holds a Master of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering degree from the University of Toronto.
John Loehr is the Chief Transformation Officer of ABC Technologies.
John has more than 30 years of experience working with automotive, industrial, and technology companies on strategy, operations, M&A, and transformation.
John graduated from the University of Michigan with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and M.S. degrees in both Electrical Engineering and Physics. After graduate school, he worked as a research scientist in semiconductors for nine years. John led programs in semiconductor laser technology, helping to develop the materials and devices upon which today’s automotive LIDAR systems are based.
For the next 20+ years, prior to joining ABC Technologies, John consulted extensively to automotive suppliers and OEMs, holding the position of Partner at Booz & Company, McKinsey & Company, and AlixPartners. He has led supplier performance transformation programs in interiors, HVAC, seating, electronics, steering, suspension, braking, and powertrain. John has worked across the entire value chain, driving improvements in pricing, purchasing, program management, manufacturing, and SG&A. He has also worked extensively in electric vehicles over the past 10+ years, developing market and technology strategies for OEMs and suppliers in batteries, motors, inverters, and controls.
Leonard Roelant is the Executive Vice President of Customer Experience at ABC Technologies.
Leonard has over 30 years of global automotive experience from both the OEM and tiered automotive supplier side. He is a proven sales leader and strategy specialist with marketing, product portfolio management, customer management, program management, change program, commercial finance, and product and application engineering experience.
Leonard joined ABC in 2022; prior to joining ABC, Leonard held the title of Vice President of Product Management, Marketing, and Strategy at The Woodbridge Group, a leading global foam supplier to the automotive industry. Before that, Leonard served as Vice President of Global Sales with Johnson Controls. Leonard also held various progressively senior roles within Amcast Automotive, Borg Warner, and GM.
Leonard graduated from the University of Michigan with a Mechanical Engineering degree and holds a Masters degree in International Management from Walsh College.
Leonard has served on several corporate charity committees and mentored Women’s Resource Network members.
Mike Fritts is the Executive Vice President, Operations of ABC Technologies. As EVP of Operations, Mike is responsible for ABC’s Global Operations.
Mike brings over 40 years of automotive experience and excellence in Operations, Program Management, Launch, Global Business Development, and Sales.
Mike most recently worked at Woodbridge Foam in numerous leadership roles at the President and VP levels. And before Woodbridge, he worked at Johnson Controls for 20 years.
Mike drives operational excellence, continuous improvement, and plant profitability at ABC Technologies.
Ryan is the Executive Vice President, General Counsel for ABC Technologies. He also serves as the company’s Corporate Secretary. In his role, Ryan leads our team of lawyers responsible for all aspects of ABC Technologies’ legal affairs worldwide and acts as a strategic advisor to the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
Ryan joined ABC Technologies in 2010 and has assumed increasing responsibilities during his tenure for all aspects of the company’s legal affairs; and has overseen our global legal and governance functions for the last eight years.
Prior to joining ABC Technologies, Ryan was an associate with a boutique law firm in Toronto and started his legal career with the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General.
Ryan holds a B.A. (Hons) in Political Science from Western University and a J.D. from Queen’s University and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario.
Mark brings over 30 years of global automotive HR experience to ABC Technologies, most recently serving as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) at Joyson Safety Systems. Prior to Joyson, Mark also served in the capacity of CHRO for several global automotive suppliers and OEMs, including Key Safety Systems, Nexteer Automotive, Fisker Automotive, and Meridian Automotive.
Mark spent the first 15 years of his career with Ford Motor Company and Visteon Corporation serving in multiple operational and corporate HR assignments throughout the United States and three years in Yokohama, Japan.
Board of Directors
ABC’s corporate governance practices ensure that the Company keeps a balanced Board of independent and non-independent Directors that maintain ABC’s adherence to the Company’s by-laws and fair treatment to all stakeholders. Governance practices and documents are reviewed on an annual basis to ensure adherence to industry best practices.
Environmental, Social, Governance
ABC Technologies is committed to having a positive social impact by supporting the environment, customers, our people, and community members. We adhere to the highest ethical standards and values in conducting business and in implementing our Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) policy.
Policies & Reports
Learn about our Environment, Health and Safety policies, and annual toxic reduction reports for a comprehensive look at our commitments.
Affiliates and Joint Ventures
Since our founding, ABC Technologies has pursued strategic partnerships through joint-ventures, and more recently sought to acquire companies, both with the objective of enhancing our delivery and selection of products for our customers. We continue to strive for growth and bringing value-add in all aspects of our business
- Supreme Casting Formed.
- ABC Plastic Moulding started by Supreme with one blow-moulding machine.
- ABC Plastic Moulding makes first automotive part.
- Salga Associates formed by Partners.
- ABC Group formed with purchase of ABC Plastic and Supreme Casting by Partners.
- Polybottle acquired by ABC Group.
- MSB Plastics formed.
- Salga Inc. formed in Toledo, Ohio.
- Salflex Polymers Ltd. Formed for material development and R&D.
- Plastic Moulding Group Limited formed. (International Operations)
- Polybottle Group Limited, Edmonton, Alberta, formed. (Formerly ABC Packaging Ltd.)
- LCF Manufacturing formed.
- Joint venture agreement with Inepsa in Spain Plasticos ABC S.A.
- Group Product Development formed.
- ABC Group Limited formed. (U.S. Operations)
- International Sales & Engineering Inc. formed by ABC Group (50%) and Todd Stewart (50%)
- Multi-Layer Plastics Ltd. Formed.
- ABC Packaging Ltd. commenced operations of new plant in Vancouver, B.C.
- The sanding operations of ABC Plastic Moulding commenced operations in Concord, Ontario
- Salga Plastics Inc. commenced operations of new plant in Gallatin, Tennessee.
- ABC – Nishikawa Industries Inc. Formed as joint venture in North America for Instrument panels and soft trim with Nishikawa Kasei Co. of Japan.
- First Canadian Automotive Parts Supplier to Manufacturer in Japan: N-A Plastic Co., Ltd. formed as joint venture in Japan for blow molding between Nishikawa Kasei Co. and ABC Group
- Salga Products Inc. new plant in Newark, Delaware.
- Canadian Plastic-Pak, new plant in Vancouver, B.C.
- ABC Industrial Products commences business operations.
- Polybottle Group Limited, Vancouver, B.C., formed. (Formerly ABC Plastic-Pak Ltd.)
- ABC Group formed a joint venture in Germany for the marketing and development of blow-moulded products
- ABC Plastiepuma S.A. de C.V. commenced operations of a new plant in San Juan del Rio, Mexico.
- All Packaging Divisions merged to form Polybottle Group Limited.
- ABC Group Sales & Engineering Inc. formed.
- ABC Group International Technologies Inc. formed.
- ABC Automobil Formteile GmbH in Germany and Plasticos ABC Spain, S.A. become wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Multi-Flex Plastics Inc. formed dedicated to production of sequential extrusion products.
- Supreme Mould Limited formed.
- ABC Group (Canada) Ltd. formed. (Canadian Operations)
- ABC Plastiepuma plant expansion and name change to Grupo ABC de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- ABC Air Management Systems Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Tech Centre established in Toronto, Ontario.
- Supreme Tooling Inc. in Indiana, becomes wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Metal Products Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Exterior Systems Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Interior Systems formed.
- PDI Plastics Inc. Acquired.
- International Sales & Engineering Inc. owned and fully managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Group Fuel Systems Inc. formed.
- Extrusion Technologies formed.
- ABC Group Do Brasil Ltda. Formed.
- MSB Plastics Manufacturing Ltd. Becomes wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Group Japan Inc. formed.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V. Second plant established.
- ABC Group Sales & Marketing Inc. established world wide.
- Undercar Products Group Inc. established in Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.A.
- ABC Flexible Engineering Products Inc. (formerly Extrusions Technologies).
- ABC Interior Systems Inc. (formerly ABC Group Interior Systems).
- ABC Exterior Systems Inc. (formerly ABC Group Exterior Systems).
- Polyform Engineering products (formerly PDI Plastics Inc.).
- ABC Automotive Systems Inc. established in Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Humberline Packaging Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Global Sales & Marketing Inc. formed in Korea.
- ABC Group sales & Marketing (China) Inc. formed.
- ABC Group appoints new leadership (Helga Schmidt, President & CEO, Robert Kunihiro, Co-Managing Director & Mark Poynton, Co-Managing Director).
- ABC Group Fuel Systems announces strategic alliance with YAPP Automotive Parts.
- ABC Group Undercar Products expands and moves to new manufacturing location in Wyoming, Michigan.
- First Canadian Tier One auto parts supplier to receive WBE certification.
- ABC Group announces joint venture agreement with China’s Ningbo INOAC Huaxiang Automobile Products Co. Ltd.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Ningbo, China
- ABC Group signs Global Alliance agreement with Japan’s INOAC Corporation.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V opens Plant 3 in San Juan del Rio.
- ABC Group JV in Poland; Graform…
- Helga Schmidt becomes President, Chairman & CEO of ABC Group of Companies.
- ABC INOAC JV in North America. ABC INOAC Exterior Systems Inc. (LLC) is formed.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Shenyang, China.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V opens Plant 4 in Queretaro.
- ABC Group sells its Fuel Systems division to Rongshi International Holding Company Ltd.
- Mary Anne Bueschkens becomes President & General Counsel of ABC Group. Derrick Phelps becomes Deputy president and Chief Strategy Officer of ABC Group. Helga Schmidt is Chairman & CEO of ABC Group.
- ABC Group & Cornaglia open JV manufacturing facility, ABCOR Filters Inc. in Toronto, Canada.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Wuhan, China.
- ABC Group begins work on new manufacturing facility in Poznan, Poland.
- ABC Group acquires a license of RocTool Technologies for Automotive Applications.
- ABC Group & INOAC open ABC INOAC de Mexico paint facility.
- ABC Group acquired by Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Mary Anne Bueschkens becomes CEO of ABC Group. Derrick Phelps becomes President and Chief of ABC Group. Mark Poynton continues to lead operations as Executive VP and COO.
- ABC Technologies appoints Todd Sheppelman as new President and CEO, David Smith becomes CFO, and Ken Friedman becomes COO.
- ABC Group changes its corporate identity to ABC Technologies to reflect ongoing initiatives.
- ABC Technologies Releases First Inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
- ABC welcomes Pär (Pelle) Malmhagen as new Cheif Operating Officer
- ABC Technologies Announces Medical Devices Business Unit
- ABC completes acquisition of dlhBOWLES from MPE Partners
- ABC completes acquisition of Karl Etzel GmbH
- ABC appoints Terry Campbell as CEO and President of ABC Technologies Inc.
- ABC welcomes John Loehr as Chief Transformation Officer
- ABC welcomes Mark Decker as Chief Human Resources Officer
- ABC enters into definitive agreement to acquire WMG Technologies
Awards & Recognition
Globally, ABC Technologies has been recognized for the value we bring to our automotive customers. The awards and recognition we continually receive is a testament to the hard work and passion of our people. Since 1992, ABC Technologies has won over 100 awards.